THE CDC REPORTS THAT 1 in 5 children (between ages 5 and 11) in the US have untreated tooth decay. Not only should tooth decay be treated in regular dental appointments, it should be prevented! Tooth decay is 100 percent preventable with effective personal care and regular dental cleanings.
YOU Can Help Little Ones Have Healthier Smiles!
- Encourage them to brush for two full minutes: Pick a song about two minutes long and sing it to them during brushing time.
- Set reminders to brush twice a day: Brushing after breakfast and just before bed are the best times for preventing bacteria growth from food.
- Show them flossing is fun, not harmful: Be gentle at first when doing it for them. A bad experience can stop them from flossing on their own.
- Be persistent: Don’t let fussy children off the hook. Be motivating! Kids may gladly brush for a sticker or star if you make it an activity.
- Set their first dental appointment before age 1: Having positive dental experiences early will make dental visits easier and less frightening when older.
We Love Helping Young Smiles
At Gorczyca Orthodontics, we see young patients as early as age 4. Functional shifts in bites may cause asymmetric growth patterns and need to be treated early.
Our initial orthodontic exams are complimentary at no charge. If parents are in need of a pediatric dentist for their child or a family dentist for the whole family, we are happy to refer you to an excellent dentist in our East County dental community.
The American Association of Orthodontists and all orthodontists recommend that every child have an orthodontic examination with an orthodontist by age 7. To find an orthodontist near you, visit www.mylifemysmile.org.
Find us Gorczyca Orthodontics, 5201 Deer Valley Road, Suite 1A, Antioch, California (925) 757-9000. www.clubbraces.com