July 6th, 2016
WHEN PRESENT, they lead to excessive tooth wear and dark smiles. They cause you to bite your lips and cheeks. They even limit your jaw function. Any way you look at it, crossbites are not good for your dental health.
Crossbites Can Lead To Excessive Tooth Wear
When a front crossbite is present, the upper tooth appears "behind" the lower teeth. If untreated, front tooth crossbite leads to excessive tooth wear.
When a back crossbite is present, the upper tooth is "inside" the lower teeth. Back upper teeth are trapped or tipped towards the tongue. This abnormal tooth position causes your lower jaw to shift. Back crossbites lead to cheek biting, jaw shifting, and the appearance of black space in the corners of your smile.
There Are Different Options To Correct A Crossbite
Braces, Invisalign, or removable expansion appliances can fix crossbites by upper arch expansion.
Visit us at Gorczyca Orthodontics in Antioch, California (925) 757-9000 to find out how dental arch expansion can eliminate your crossbites. To find an orthodontist near you, visit the American Association of Orthodontists at www.mylifemysmile.org.
Sky's the limit with orthodontic possibilities. Eliminate your crossbites today for ideal dental function, comfort, happiness, and life.
May 27th, 2016
A BROAD DENTAL ARCH FORM is crucial to your beautiful smile.
6 Ways Broadening You Arch Can Improve Your Smile
Here are 6 ways broadening your pear shaped dental arch will give you a dazzling new smile.
1. Arch expansion help to correct overjet and overbite making your bite functional.
2. Expansion of dental arches eliminates crossbites which cause cheek biting.
3. Expansion of dental arches helps correct the front to back relationship of your bite.
4. Expansion of dental arches creates space for tooth alignment.
5. Expansion of dental arches makes the canine teeth look beautiful.
6. Expansion of dental arches eliminates black corridors from the corners of your mouth giving you a full and beautiful smile.
Comprehensive orthodontic treatment by an orthodontist with braces or Invisalign expands dental arches.
We'd Love To Answer Your Questions!
If you have questions about expansion of your pear shaped dental arches, call us at Gorczyca Orthodontics (925)757-9000 for a complimentary consultation. Visit us at www.clubbraces.com in Antioch, California.
Your broad dental arches are sure to light up the room. Here's to your dazzling new smile.